SPOILER ALERT: Loving Frank has a twist ending, so if you haven't finished reading the book, do not read the rest of this post!
1. Did you find Mamah relatable? Were her flaws forgivable?
2. Mamah considered herself part of the Women's Movement. Do you agree? Did she practice what she preached?
3. Were Mamah and Frank good parents? Could they have made different choices given the constraints of their time?
4. Do you think Mamah would have made different decisions if her story took place today?
5. How did Ellen Key's role in Mamah's life evolve?
6. Could the murders have been prevented? Were they racially motivated or a freak act by an insane man?
7. What letter grade would you give Loving Frank?