Friday, August 23, 2013

Local Gem: 5 Reasons to Love The Esplanade



I'll be honest, sometimes I forget about the Esplanade. Unless there is a concert or its the Fourth of July, I usually go to parks closer to where I live, such as Christopher Columbus Park. But after recently taking a summer stroll through the Esplanade, I am determined to head there more often. Us Boston gals truly value our time outdoors since we are stuck inside all winter, and now that fall is approaching, I plan to spend as much time in the sun as possible!

1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5

Here are my top 5 reasons to love the Esplanade:


2. It is the ideal place to sunbathe (with sunscreen on of course!) or read a book because it is gorgeous, on the water, and quieter than the common. 

3. The park is sustainable. The have a thorough sustainability commitment which includes composting waste and using it to create better soil for the park. 


5. Is the perfect meeting spot for charity walks and other organized outdoor programming. This fall, the esplanade will be host to the Boston Heart Walk, a 5k benefiting Diabetes, and an event for Making Strides Against Breast Cancer.

- Cameron

2 comments:

  1. I'm doing the Heart Walk there but I too don't spend nearly enough time. Going to try and remedy that as well- thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is just so pretty there! Luckily, we're supposed to have great weather this weekend, so hopefully I'll have some time to go relax and watch the boats go by.

    ReplyDelete