Saturday, August 10, 2013

Legends at Fenway

No, not baseball legends...


You'll know where I'll be tonight.  Still pinching myself that I'm seeing these two handsome guys.  It is the perfect weather for a night out, let alone at Fenway with performances by appropriately-named legends!  From what I've researched, they will not even have an opening act, that's how epic they're expected to be for cities they're touring together...







I came across this recent piece by Jay-Z, Picasso Baby, a mixed-media performance in Brooklyn.  You'll recognize some other famous faces, identified at the end of the short 8-minute film.  I have always admired Jay-Z and think he is truly a philosophical artist.  My favorite takeaway from him in this is: 

"Rap is pretty much thinking out loud, you're talking and you're putting your fears and your vulernabilities, and you're, ya know, you're putting your bravado, insecurities, all on music; And it's there for the world to see.  Out there for everyone to see.  You're really giving a glimpse into who you are."




If he was this interactive with this intimate audience in an art gallery for minutes, I can only imagine the spirit he'll be bringing to Fenway for hours!  If you missed out on tickets, here's a sample playlist of the tour setlist, via Spotify.

No, I didn't forget about Justin.  It's a given that he never disappoints in any of his performances.

Will I see you there?  Any other fun weekend plans?

-Meredith

photo credits: 1 // 2 // 3 // 4 // 5 // 6

No comments:

Post a Comment