Wednesday, March 27, 2013

2013 Boston Concert Preview

Attending concerts is most definitely one of my favorite pastimes.  I've been an avid Dave Matthews Band fan for decades (up to eights shows so far) and just love their live performance and ever impressive set list.  As great as Dave & Co. are, I'm trying to add a bit more variety between both artists and venues whenever possible.  Last month, I saw Mumford & Sons, whose performance left me with chills.  This year, I feel lucky enough to attend two shows in the coming months that are both quite the commodity...
Although the band was formed in 1967, many of us '80s JUG babies are fans of the great Fleetwood Mac.  Earlier this winter, they recently announced a reunion tour and will be gracing Boston with their presence for ONE night only, April 18th at the Garden.
When it was announced that Justin Timberlake and Jay-Z were touring together, fans went wild.  As soon as I heard this show was at Fenway, I knew I had to be there with some fellow JUGs.  Fenway is an underrated venue for music lovers due to the park's intimacy.  I've seen DMB x2 and Bruce Springsteen here before.  JT & Hova together in our city is bound to be epic...legendary, indeed!
If you haven't already been, another great venue is the Pavillion on Northern Ave in the Seaport District.  A summer concert here is far better than the lawn out at the Comcast Center in Mansfield (formerly Great Woods).  There is no general admission (no thank you!) and you really can't have a bad view of the featured artist.  Worse case scenario, if you happen to be seated behind a pole, you're still seeing one of your favorite performers right on the water...truly perfect on a summer night!
If music festivals are more the thing for you and your gal pals, there are plenty of options this year in greater New England and beyondBoston Calling is a new event happening at the end of May right in City Hall Plaza.  Tickets are affordable and the medley of artists make this event pretty attractive!  Eventually, I'd love to attend Bonnaroo (TN), Coachella (CA) or Lollapalooza (IL) festivals.
Seeing some of my choice artists while also exploring a new US city would be great, too (Red Rocks is definitely on my bucket list!).  Who are you most looking forward to seeing on stage this year?  Any advice to those still trying to get tickets for a sold-out show?

- Meredith

1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5

No comments:

Post a Comment