Monday, February 10, 2014

Week of February 10

1

Well the groundhog gave us bad news last week, so we're still trudging through the snow this week. Blerg!

O L Y M P I C S
What sport are you most excited to watch? I am particularly pumped for the skiing and snowboarding events. But, I might watch some women's hockey since the Boston area has such strong representation on the team! And even though we are thrilled about all the awesome female athletes making a name for themselves at the Olympics, I am also excited to keep my eye out for cute boys. (hint, Kris Freeman, Cross Country Skiing. And, I have to admit, Shaun White doesn't look half bad with his hair short)! 

V A L E N T I N E
Ugh. Ya. Valentines Day is on Friday. Woof.
I'm planning to get drunk with my very favorite valentine (myself). But for those of you with a significant other, my suggestions for romantic restaurants would include Tangerino, Neptune Oyster, and Lumiere

F I T N E S S 
Gals, I am getting SO into the green smoothie craze. It is an awesome way to get a boost of nutrition first thing in the morning. I'm using instacart to order fresh kale, cooked beets, bananas, almond milk, and mangoes so I can blend up some amazing breakfast smoothies at home. But, if you're not into blending you're own veggies at home, you can stop by this amazing-looking new juice bar, Cocobeet, in City Hall Plaza. I'm also excited to check out the new juice bar in Southie, Nourish Your Soul, which opened in January.

But whats all this juicing worth without exercise?! Luckily, Boston Sports Club is hosting a series of *free* Winter Warrior Workout classes every Thursday night!

A R O U N D  T O W N
If you've tried Grouper, Tinder, and Hinge, and are ready for the next cool dating app., then you might want to check out the Jess, Meet Ken Launch Party tomorrow night! I'm excited to hear what the deal is with this new (Boston-based!) dating service.

Across the river at Tufts University, the Tisch Family Gallery is featuring an exclusive new art exhibit: Seeing Glacial Time. Maybe checking out the gallery is the perfect Valentines weekend activity?

E N T E R T A I N M E N T
O-M-G, have you gals been watching HBO's new series,True Detective? Matthew McConaughey and Woody Harrelson are simply phenominal in this dark mystery. Speaking of dark mysteries, if you like SVU and True Detective, you'd love Top of the Lake. I watched it recently upon Netflix's suggestion, and it is so good. Plus, it feels so cultured to watch a show made in another part of the world (New Zealand), even if the character is a familiar face from Mad Men.

Have a great week!
-Cameron


No comments:

Post a Comment