Saturday, February 1, 2014

Wine and Cheese Pairings

via

via

via

One of the staples to our monthly JUGs book club meetings would be the pairing of wine and cheese.  It's tough to go wrong with these items when entertaining and not be tempted to simply grab a 5-10 "buck chuck" and a block of reliable cheddar, but in trying to widen one's palate, I've been looking for a guide of how these items can complement each other even more than personal taste.

I came across an interactive online tool that I like best, Cheese Cupid, whose name could not be more fitting!  As you'd expect, you choose either a wine or cheese and the tool does the rest for you:


via

via

I especially like the pairing recommendations with other snacks... whenever I go to The Salty Pig, I rely on the server's suggestions, but this tool has educated me on what I should request next time.  Now you're just left with the tough decision of which to contribute to your next book club meeting!


- Meredith

No comments:

Post a Comment