Friday, February 21, 2014

How to Clean Salt Stains off Your Boots


The photo above is an actual Boston sidewalk that I have to traverse every day to get to work. AHHHH! I mean, I love my bean boots, but some outfits simply require my leather riding boots. I can really only wear my leather boots 3 or 4 times before the salt and sand stains get so unsightly that they need a good cleaning. Luckily, I have become a master at quickly and easily cleaning the stains off my boots. Here's how its done:


  1. Use a rag and warm water to wipe dirt and grime from your boots. 
  2. Wet a rag with vinegar and scrub the stained and dirty portions of your boots. For best results, simply give the whole boot a vinegar scrub. 
  3. Pat dry.
  4. Next, evenly apply leather lotion or another type of leather moisturizer. This is an important step because vinegar can dry out the material and lead to cracking. 
  5. Lastly, let dry. To keep boots cleaner longer, treat them with a waterproofing spray. 
Voila! 

- Cameron

1 comment: