Monday, November 4, 2013

The Week of November 4th


Hello from Charleston! Yes, it is a mere coincidence (or due to JetBlue deals) that both Meredith and I ended up booking trips to Charleston within weeks of each other. Anyways, as I continue to enjoy the upper 60's for one more day, here's what's going on this week in Boston and on the interwebs:

A R T S   &   E N T E R T A I N M E N T
Have you caught the MFA's Hippie Chic exhibit yet? The show packs up November 11th so be sure to scoot on over if you want to see it. Don't forget, Wednesdays after 4pm are free!

The ICA has a new exhibition from Amy Sillman on view. Though I have yet to go myself, One Slump or Two has been receiving rave reviews from The Boston Globe and The New York Times so I am excited to check it out one of these days. Like the MFA, the ICA also offers free days, but on Thursdays. 


H U B I T A T S
Rue Magazine's November issue is now online and includes lots of interior eye candy including the Hollywood home of my boy Nate Berkus. View the issue here.

Looking to help out this Thanksgiving? Why not take on the most fun task - decorating! I love these table setting ideas from HGTV, don't you? 

One of my favorite local stores, Twelve Chairs, just moved from Fort Point to the South End. They also just re-opened their online site and their selection (in store and online) is a must see! 


S H O P P I N G  &  S T Y L E
I love everything about this outfit and want to wear every piece from it tomorrow, dammit.

On that note, who's saving up for Black Friday? Me! Pieces I have my eye on include (but are not limited to): this flannel from Madewell, this and this from J.Crew, these heels, and maybe a new party skirt...

And lastly for shopping and style, I've been pretty bad about Pinterest lately...but as of late this is my new favorite board.


C A R E E R   &   I N S P I R A T I O N
9 adorable and inspirational quotes from Pixar movies...this will make you smile, even on Monday.


Bostinno's 2nd Annual 50 on Fire will be presented December 5th. If you're looking to join the party, grab your early bird tickets asap as the prices bump up November 8th! I am pretty pumped to see Melanie Cohn, founder of Young Women in Digital among the finalists! 


B O O K C L U B
Don't forget to pick up this month's read - The Monuments Men!

- Suzanne

No comments:

Post a Comment