Monday, September 23, 2013

The Week of September 23rd


Hello gals! Today I am thankful to say I have a short week ahead of me as I will be heading down to Nantucket for a long weekend to enjoy the Fall weather and work an event (more to come on this later). For those of you sticking around, I have Fall activities on my brain. Here is a list of recommendations to get your "Fall on" as well as a few other happenings around the city this week.

T H E   G R E A T   O U T D O O R S

Having gone to college in upstate New York I had access to some amazing trails in the surrounding Adirondack Mountains which, unfortunately, I took for granted. This Fall it is my goal to go hiking at least two times. For those of you that are interested I found the site Everytrail.com, which has a list of hikes with reviews, difficulty level and average time, to be very helpful for planning. Here is a list of hikes around the Boston area if you are looking to stay more local than the NH, VT trails.

You can't really say you celebrated a New England Fall without apple picking now can you? Nashoba Valley Winery has wine annnnd apple picking...boom.

A R T S  &  E N T E R T A I N M E N T

Thursday the ICA is hosting an Artist Talk with designers Jack McCollough and Lazaro Hernandez of famed clothing brand Proenza Schouler. Tickets for members and students are $15 and non-members are $20. The talk starts at 6:30 and is not to be missed.

Time to squeeze in your last few shows for the year at Bank of America Pavilion before it gets too chilly! Kid Cudi will be throwing down this Friday - check stub hub for any leftover tickets. 

Season 3 of Showtime's Homeland starts Sunday at 9 p.m. and I personally cannot f'ing wait. Sorry gals, no spoiler alerts here. Any of you devils that have read them, get away form me!!

E A T   M E

Last week the Beehive's new sister restaurant, The Beat Hotel opened up in the heart of Harvard Square. Like the Beehive, The Beat Hotel offers an eclectic and sensory overload interior, delicious food and an awesome jazz lineup every night. 

Have a great week gals! Check in with us via twitter and instagram to find out the latest JUGs' updates. Be sure to share what you've got going on as well! 

- Suzanne

photo source

1 comment:

  1. This blog's adorable!

    Lovin' your Monday morning coffee break (hooray for hiking spots in NE & Homeland!).

    Can't wait to read more :)
    Kristen
    www.treatsandtravels.com

    ReplyDelete