Monday, September 2, 2013

The Week of September 1st

Um, how nice was it to wake up this morning and remember you didn't have to go to work? Kinda like waking up and unwrapping a present with a big bow, right?!

Let's see what we have in store for you this week, the first week of September...

S H O P P I N G
I always dread Labor Day Weekend because it signifies the end of Summer, but on the positive side it also means endless sales. Be sure to check J.Crew, Asos, Calypso, Anthropologie, Nine West, Steve Madden, Madewell, Bloomingdales, Piperlime (having a 20% off denim sale, zing!) and the rest of the works for some great sales on pre-Fall or end of Summer looks.

For those of you furnishing a new apartment (or even just looking for an update) check out West Elm, Pottery Barn, Crate & Barrel, Hayeneedle, Wayfair and Furbish.

This week also marks your last chance to go antiquing at the legendary Brimfield Flea Market till May, so get on it! Cam, Meredith and I will be attending bright and early Saturday am and I am more than excited to pick up some quirky items for my new apt! For Brimfield survival guides check out these posts here and here.

P A T S   P A T S   P A T S
Football season is starting up and the Patriots' first game is this Sunday at 1pm against the Bills. I'll admit, I don't even like football but I like hanging out with my friends if they have food and beer, duh! While I couldn't give you much insight on the game, I could help you with a hosting menu or outfit ideas! More to come on these ideas in future posts...I promise.

B O O K   C L U B
Join in with the JUGs Book Club! We love posting discussions and inspiration from our reads and would love to have you participate! Last week we had great discussions over our latest book, The Marriage Plot. This month's book is one that I have been dying to read, Let the Great World Spin by Colum McCann.

W H O' S   T H A T   G A L
We hope you've been enjoying our Who's That Gal series where we interview gals around Boston that have inspiring careers and stories to tell. So far we've interviewed Anna, Asha, Molly, and Marte and want to know who you'd like to see featured on the series. Do you want to see a wider range of ages? Careers? How about locations? Want us to ask different questions? We'd love to hear your thoughts! Email us or leave a comment below and we'll make it happen.

C A R E E R S
In light of some friends getting new jobs, I've been thinking a lot more about my career, my role in my company, and how to get what I think I deserve. I found this post, 5 Easy Ways to Start Negotiating Like a Badass by The Everygirl particularly interesting and helpful for starting the discussion with my boss.

Have a great week, gals! Let's get out there and tackle the sales and September head on (see, I can get into the football thing)!

- Suzanne

Photo Credit


No comments:

Post a Comment