Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Daily Read: Date Eats





Us JUGs have respect for sarcasm and it always feels like a win when you find others that feel the same way.  When I came across the blog DateEats last week, I was instantly hooked and immediately read each post.  As someone in the singles "scene," dating opinions tend to be heavy since it is a pretty serious topic.  The (anonymous?) author of DateEats, however, refreshingly sheds some humor on dating in Boston.

The author, "Chief" also rates restaurants in recommending them as date venues for his readers, which is always helpful advice, especially for a first date, in addition to remembering this. Other favorite tips of mine are here, here and here, great examples of why manners are so important and valued.  I had to laugh reading this, because this happened to me on a first date and was one of the main reasons why I didn't want to see the guy again (don't get my wrong, I respect getting a bargain, but the mention of the discount 4x was overkill).

Now, I have to wonder, with the blog continuing, "Chief" must still be single, right?!  Even if he's been scooped up, let's hope the snarky reviews and recommendations keep coming!  With all of the North End mentions, it's tough to find something I do not like about this blog.  Whether you need ideas on where to dine, or a guy's perspective on the beast that is dating, or simply want a laugh, bookmark it today!

- Meredith

all photos from DateEats

No comments:

Post a Comment