Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Craigslist Hidden Treasures


As you can see I am obsessed with finding the perfect bamboo or faux bamboo accent piece for my next DIY project. Here are some gems I found over the weekend on Boston's Craigslist listings:

Item Description: This is a lovely bamboo design 1960s console buffet. It has great rattan woven drawer fronts, bamboo style accents and bamboo styled legs. Two drawers, two cabinet doors and a shelf below. The center door does not open. Would also make a great tv stand. Measures 44l x 16 1/2 d x 31 h.

While this is out of my current budget and furniture size requirements, I had to share this piece since it is such a gorgeous item. It'd be the perfect piece to pull together any living room or entry way, with little to no refurbishing required.


Item Description: Bamboo wicker coffee table has a glass top. Table has never been used and is in excellent condition. Dimensions are 50"L x 16.5"H x 24"W

For $65 this coffee table is a steal. It appears in great condition and is sturdy enough to handle the usual wear and tear of apartment living (we all know that coffee tables become your kitchen table, foot rest, junk pile holder, etc). Paint a metallic gold to get a hollywood regency look - perfect for any modern gals living room!


Item Description: Great variety of chairs including matching leather arm chairs, wingback, parlor, bamboo, caned ladder back and more!

First off, these are amazing. And yes I know the sale was for last Saturday, but I just had to share with your for two reasons. First, from now on I will be on the lookout for chairs like these (when I get a bigger apartment), and you should be too. If you have room and are looking to get a high-end bohemian look in your apartment, these chairs will do just that for you. Second, I am sharing these chairs in hopes that someone out there appreciates these as much as me and calls the owner to find out if they are still available. If they didn't sell at Saturday's sale, chances are you could get a knockout deal. Similar chairs sold on One Kings Lane for $595. 

Keywords used in my bamboo  Craigslist search: bamboo, faux bamboo, rattan, rattan accent chair, bohemian.

Inspiration Images: buffet, coffee table, rattan chairs

- Good luck and happy Craigslist hunting! 

Suzanne

No comments:

Post a Comment