Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Craigslist Hidden Treasures


I know I've mentioned it before, but I love love love anything campaign. This vintage campaign chest is located in RI, so you might have to do a bit of driving, but if you are in the market for some bedroom storage solutions, it could be a great option. The description says it's "gold," and honestly I am unsure of how that wood finishing looks - could be amazing and on trend with the metallic look or it could be very strange. Either way, a paint job is an easy solution to make it pop like this pink number

One thing to be careful of - make sure to ask the owner if the brass hardware is the chest's original (you don't want to pay $200 for an Ikea hack). Also because the owner calls it "vintage," be sure to inquire about condition of the drawers and if their are any major structural issues. 


Styling the perfect coffee table has been on my mind as of late. Maybe I've been spending too much time on Pinterest or maybe it's because I keep finding more and more coffee table books that I want to buy and display. Either or, I know this square glass coffee table will be a fantastic addition to any gal's small space. 

Perks - while 34x34 inches may seem large, the lucite quality will help it blend in the room without being over bearing. The brass edging? That's a great way to add a feminine metallic touch to your living space while mimicking some of the more expensive coffee tables that are on the market today. Final perk, this glam piece is just $65 dollars and located in Wellesley! 


Ok, $2300 is a lot, I know. This card catalog is also most likely something that no one can fit in their current space, but as an item of this quality is such a rare occurrence on Craigslist, I just had to share it...just in case! As I know many of you have a serious eye for interior design you'll be right there with me saying that this card catalog is a top notch find and could really tie a room together like this or this. Recently refurbished, this antique (c. 1853!) will be one of the best statement pieces you could buy, and would have for many years. Storage reasons are obvious. Statement and investment factor - insane. 

That's it for hidden treasures for now! Be sure to share any of your Craigslist Treasures and styling tips, and of course, let us know if you purchase any of the above! 

- Suzanne

No comments:

Post a Comment