Only 4 hours away from Boston, New York City has proved to be one of the most favorite weekend destinations for us JUGs. While we'd all prefer to do some sort of time warp travel there, we all must face the music, aka the dreaded bus or, if we're lucky, the Acela.
This weekend many of us are headed towards the city for the 2nd annual Gold Gala, a benefit put on by our friends for St. Jude Children's Research Hospital. Whether you're traveling by train or by bus here are a few my "essentials" that I recommend you pack in order to start the weekend off right:
1. Book club reading material - this month we are reading Four Fish: The Future of the Last Wild Food by Paul Greenberg
2. An eco-friendly way to pack multiple magazines in one device
3. Replenishing snacks after a long day at work and something to hold you over till you meet the NYC gals for a late dinner
4. A cozy scarf that can double as as a blanket and a pillow (I love my scarf from Cuyana)
5. Any sort of emergency caffeine to get you through the "Are you here yet? We're all getting ready to go out immediately..." texts
6. Fake it till you make it - a quick make up fix and off you go!