Friday, October 17, 2014

Review of Pact App

 I am NOT one of those people that loves working out. I like veggies (especially after learning how to prepare them during the J+A Whole Detox), but I still don't lovvvve them. All in all, I could use extra help staying healthy. This is where Pact App comes in. Pact encourages you to bet on yourself in three ways: eating full servings of vegetables, tracking your food, and working out. On the app you make a goal of how many times a week you will do those things, and you will earn money every time you complete one of the goals you set. However, if you skip the gym or a healthy meal, money will be deducted!

Why this works for me: Today is Friday, one of the hardest days to get motivated to go to the gym, but I committed to go to the gym 4 times this week, and so far, I've only gone twice. I don't want to lose any money, so guess what, I'm going to work out today. The possible loss of $5 is just enough motivation to get me to log out of Netflix and go on a run or head to the gym. This. is. awesome.



Have you tried Pact yet? What do you think?

- Cameron

1 comment:

  1. I have never heard of this app before! It seems like the perfect way to stay motivated to workout through the New England winters! Will absolutely have to look into this, thanks for sharing it

    http://happyandundignified.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete