Friday, September 5, 2014

Fall To-Do List


While we still have a few more beach days left, I have to say I am very excited for fall weather, clothes and activities. As a true New Englander, I love all seasons equally and while I am sad to bid adeui to summer, let's all just admit that it'll be nice to not wear a bikini for a bit.

Since my overall 2014 goal has been to experience life in a more wholistic and fulfilling way by trying new things, staying true to myself and living in the moment, I the follow to-do's for fully embracing this fall season:

1. Go apple apple picking
Every year I say I'll do this and truthfully, I have yet to do this since high school. Pathetic, I know. Luckily Massachusetts has a lot of easily accessible apple picking areas so there is no excuse in missing out on a great day this year.

My top pick: Nashoba Valley Winery since it has a vineyard too.


2. Become a crockpot queen
I got into crockpotting last year and it saved me a lot of money, time and worrying about meals during busy weeks.

Next recipe to try: Chicken Tortilla Soup


3. Run a half marathon
After completing my first 5 mile race at the Harpoon 5 Miler, I was so excited that I challenged myself and completed something I never thought possible, especially since I literally stopped running after finishing high school JV field hockey. This summer I decided to challenge myself yet again and have been training for my first half marathon!

Half marathon: Newport Marathon October 12


4. Go hiking, camping or even glamping
I'm not the crunchiest girl, but I do have an outdoorsy side. I went to Adirondack Camp and lived in the Outing Club in college so I love camping and hiking (but easy trails are preferred). I'm also pretty interested in trying out the new trend of glamorous camping, aka a "glamping."

Helpful guides for planning a Peak Weekend for you and your friends: New England Camp Grounds, Adirondack Hiking Guide, and Adirondack Campgrounds


5. Tailgate with friends
Everybody knows football and fall go hand and hand, and the only part that I like about that is tailgating with friends.

My tailgate pics for the 2014 season:
Boston College Football
Patriots
Harvard vs. Yale


- Suzanne

No comments:

Post a Comment